Kale and Italian Sausage SoupKale is in season now until early June in our area. Try this popular farmstead soup featuring our kale and Italian sausage!
Ingredients· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 onion, diced
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
· 5 waxy potatoes (1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
· Approx 6 cups chicken broth
· 1 bunch kale (12 ounces), stemmed and shredded
· 1 lb ground Italian Sausage
1. In a large pot (6 to 8 quarts), heat oil over medium. Add onion and sausage- cook sausage halfway through, about 8 minutes (sausage will still be pink). Add garlic and red-pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Remove sausage and onion mixture and set aside on plate.
2. Add potatoes and broth to pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gently boil until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. In a blender, puree half the broth and potatoes. Return to all ingredients to pot; add kale and sausage. Simmer until kale is wilted and sausage is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.